NBNCo have been busy over the last few years rolling out the new Broadband network and the time has come for more areas to under-go the mandatory copper disconnection, which occurs approximately 18-months after the network is completed in an area.
The February 2017 list of areas appears to be the largest under-go copper disconnection so far with over 30 areas across Australia to have their old services disconnected. Once again, we’re seeing a high number of business premises in these roll-out areas. Most areas will be disconnected on the 10th of February, while a small number will be disconnected on the 24th of February.
Have you organised to switch to the NBN yet? If you’re a business and you haven’t yet made the switch, time is running out. There’s a lot more to take into account with a business and can take longer to sort through your options and organise. Luckily for you, innoTel are the NBN experts when it comes to businesses and can walk you through the process and provide you with great business NBN services.
NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premise) services have replaced existing phone and broadband services in these areas, offering super-fast speeds of up-to 100Mbps download and 40Mbps upload. innoTel as a range of NBN business broadband plans.
The following areas, or parts of, will have their existing copper-based phone and broadband services disconnected (disconnected date in brackets);
- Liverpool NSW (10/02/2017)
- Riverstone, Schofields, Marsden Park NSW (10/02/2017)
- Brinkin, Casuarina, Jingili, Nakara, Alawa NT (10/02/2017)
- Bundamba, Dinmore, Ebbw Vale, New Chum, Blackstone QLD (10/02/2017)
- Collingwood Park, Redbank QLD (10/02/2017)
- Manunda, Cairns North QLD (10/02/2017)
- Redbank Plains QLD (10/02/2017)
- Sunnybank Hills, Willawong, Algester QLD (10/02/2017)
- Para Hills, Ingle Farm SA (10/02/2017)
- Prospect, Dudley Park SA (10/02/2017)
- Valley View SA (10/02/2017)
- Victor Harbor SA (10/02/2017)
- Howrah, Bellerive TAS (10/02/2017)
- Huntingfield, Kingston TAS (10/02/2017)
- Brunswick VIC (10/02/2017)
- Cranbourne VIC (10/02/2017)
- Cranbourne West VIC (10/02/2017)
- Gladstone Park VIC (10/02/2017)
- Seddon, Kingsville VIC (10/02/2017)
- Shepparton, Shepparton East, Orrvale VIC (10/02/2017)
- Ravenswood WA (10/02/2017)
- South Perth WA (10/02/2017)
- Queanbeyan East, The Ridgeway, Greenleigh ACT (24/02/2017)
- Campbelltown, Bradbury NSW (24/02/2017)
- Mangerton, Mount Saint Thomas, Coniston NSW (24/02/2017)
- Townsville (parts) QLD (24/02/2017)
- Medindie Gardens, Nailsworth, Vale Park, Walkerville, Collinswood SA (24/02/2017)
- Victor Harbor, Encounter Bay SA (24/02/2017)
- Trevallyn, Riverside TAS (24/02/2017)
- West Footscray, Tottenham VIC (24/02/2017)
Not all premises in these areas will be disconnected, so you should check to see if you are affected. The check if you’re located in one of these areas, check your address using our NBN Rollout Map.
If you are located in one of these areas, it’s worth getting your connection to the NBN sorted as soon as possible. innoTel can help you make the transition to the NBN in time and smoothly, with no down-time for your business. Get in contact with us to find out how.