Mid Band Ethernet (MBE) is a High speed, symmetrical business grade broadband internet service that offers fast speeds and stability over other copper based broadband services. MBE services work in a similar way Business Ethernet EFM services, however MBE services offer guaranteed line speeds.
As Mid Band Ethernet utilises up to eight (8) copper pairs, it easily achieves your selected line speed between the network termination unit installed at your premises and the exchange and offers built-in redundancy should any one of the copper lines fail, giving you piece of mind that your business will stay connected.
Speeds of either 10Mbps/10Mbps or 20mbps/20mbps are available and the service is presented as an Ethernet port at your premises, which allows you to easily integrate into your existing network. Each services includes one (1) static IP address and additional IP addresses are available upon request.
MBE works great when used in conjunction with innoTel’s suite of VoIP products.
Mid Band Ethernet is sometimes referred to in the industry as Ethernet Over Copper (EoC) and is a great alternative where Fibre internet services are not readily available or too expensive.
Mid Band Ethernet Features:
- Data allowance: Unlimited
- Speeds available: 10mbps/10mbps or 20mbps/20mbps symmetrical
- Redundancy: Built-in
- Customer interface port: Ethernet
- Typical installation time: 20-30 days
- Hardware supplied: Network Termination Unit (NTU) (customer must supply own ethernet router or purchase one from innoTel)
- Service Level Agreement: Available
- Available at over 250 exchanges across Australia
Indicative line speeds vs Distance
- 10Mbps/10Mbps: Up to 2km*
- 20Mbps/20Mbps: Up to 1km*
Notes: * Other factors, including but not limited to, may determine your final line speed achievable.